URGENT: Help stop COVID-19 mandates in Louisiana
- Put pressure on Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry http://ladoj.ag.state.la.us/
- As of 8/26/21: Representatives Amedee, Hodges, Horton, McClintock, Chuck Owens and a couple others have worked with AG Landry and other state leaders to try to fight it. It probably will end up in court.
- How to contact AG Landry:
- Street Address: 1885 North Third Street, BR 70802
- Mailing Address: Post Office Box 94005, BR 70804
- Phone:when you call they will take your number someone will call you back in 24 hours. I said “ I do not stand with 100 person company mandate. I do not support medical intervention mandates for any person. 225-326-6079 225-326-6757 877-297-0995
- Email: ConstituentServices@ag.louisiana.gov
- Contact your state senator and state representative - they want to hear from you!
- Find your state legislators: http://legis.la.gov/Legis/FindMyLegislators.aspx
- Sample message: As a constituent, I ask you to take action to stop employer mandates for COVID-19 vaccines. This is important to me because…
- If your state representative is Amedee, Hodges, Horton, McClintock, or Owens, please thank them for taking action
- Share your stories with us - help people see this issue goes beyond the 72 hours following the shot
Effects of COVID-19 Vaccines
This includes Pfzier, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson.
- Aussies speak up
- Vaers injury reports
- Injury reporting
- Pfzier Vaccine - the fact sheet for recipients https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download
- Page 1 says you’re getting the EUA vaccine or the FDA-approved one, that they have the “same formulation and can be used interchangeably.” The footnote for that statement reads, “The licensed vaccine has the same formulation as the EUA-authorized vaccine and the products can be used interchangeably to provide the vaccination series without presenting any safety or effectiveness concerns. The products are legally distinct with certain differences that do not impact safety or effectiveness.”
- Page 3 lists ingredients: COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine include the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,Nditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.
- Page 3 has things to mention to your vaccination provider before getting the vaccine. Examples: have any allergies, have had myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) or pericarditis (inflammation of the lining outside the heart), have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinner, are immunocompromised or are on a medicine that affects your immune system.
- Page 7 talks about the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP)
- Global website for the vaccine: https://www.cvdvaccine.com/
What’s happening in Louisiana?
- During the 2021 Louisiana Legislative Session, Rep. Kathy Edmonston (Gonzales) brought several bills dealing with the COVID-19 vaccines. They passed big, they passed the Senate and were vetoed by Governor Edwards. And also no forced vaccination too.
- HB349 Prohibits requiring vaccination verification or immunity status for certain transactions or for inclusion on a driver's license or special identification card
- HB498 Prohibits discrimination by government agencies and officials on the basis of vaccination or immunity status
- HR20 Directs elementary and secondary schools and higher education institutions that require a COVID-19 vaccination to inform students or parents of their right to choose not to receive the vaccination
- Attorneys have stepped up and directed legislators and constituents on how to battle the universities and employers, specifically the hospitals and nursing homes. A New Orleans attorney has agreed to file a class action suit.
- Citizens for a New Louisiana is engaging with lawmakers on this issue. https://www.newlouisiana.org/
- 8/16/21: Louisiana Department of Health’s State Health Officer, Dr. Joseph Kanter, spoke during the Louisiana House Health and Welfare Committee meeting. Details of meeting: https://www.newlouisiana.org/defining-the-problem/
- As of 8/26/21: Legislators are working to get State Senators to sign the petition to revoke the Governor’s power of emergency. The judge said that if both chambers had presented Seabaugh’s petition, this would have been a done deal. So they are working to find the 20 to sign.
What are other states doing?
What is the President doing?
- 9/9/21 https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-coronavirus-pandemic-executive-branch-18fb12993f05be13bf760946a6fb89be
- Except: “President Joe Biden on Thursday is announcing sweeping new federal vaccine requirements affecting as many as 100 million Americans....The expansive rules mandate that all employers with more than 100 workers require them to be vaccinated or test for the virus weekly, affecting about 80 million Americans. And the roughly 17 million workers at health facilities that receive federal Medicare or Medicaid also will have to be fully vaccinated.”
What are employers doing?
What is public opinion?
- https://news.uchicago.edu/story/most-americans-support-vaccine-mandates-certain-public-spaces-survey-finds (August 12-16, 2021)
- Excerpt: “...most Americans favor a mandate for those attending crowded public events or traveling on an airplane. Half think people should be fully vaccinated in order to go to a bar or restaurant.”
How is this playing out in other countries?
?? Attorney - 8/17/21 A federal judge granted a temporary restraining order preventing Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM) from requiring students get vaccinated as a condition for their enrollment. The students were represented by Michael DuBos in Monroe. http://ladoj.ag.state.la.us/Article/10952
- His bio: http://www.bdw.law/team-dubos.html
Here's the link to the original document: